Vai al contenuto

A New Builder To Bikes, Is My Set Up For Beginer?

12 risposte a questa discussione

#1 lizard821000

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 62 Messaggi:
  • Moto: Mito EV
  • Provincia: Other Country
  • Regione: Other Country

Inviato 13 January 2010 - 20:11

hello everyone, im new here and new to bike building... i just want to see if my set up is ok for my bike. im not a racer just riding around town and weekend speeding,
6 speed 2004 evo engine, 28 dell BD carb, full open cagiva exhaust, giannelli silencer, full open air box, full power jets.

this is my set up , i have a 73037 cylinder to put on it too and want a wossner forged domed 2 ring piston, for reliability. any advise is great thanks :rolleyes: please, only want a middle ground set up, not after FULL tuned bike that might go BANG! after a month :Dance: thanks

#2 lizard821000

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 62 Messaggi:

Inviato 14 January 2010 - 03:53

any one?? please, new builder need advise

#3 {mRk}

Ing.

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 12549 Messaggi:
  • Provincia: Trieste (TS)
  • Regione: Friuli Venezia Giulia

Inviato 14 January 2010 - 08:17

Visualizza Messaggiolizard821000, il Jan 13 2010, 08:11 PM, ha scritto:

hello everyone, im new here and new to bike building... i just want to see if my set up is ok for my bike. im not a racer just riding around town and weekend speeding,
6 speed 2004 evo engine, 28 dell BD carb, full open cagiva exhaust, giannelli silencer, full open air box, full power jets.

this is my set up , i have a 73037 cylinder to put on it too and want a wossner forged domed 2 ring piston, for reliability. any advise is great thanks :biggrinthumb: please, only want a middle ground set up, not after FULL tuned bike that might go BANG! after a month :) thanks
The 73037th and A0401 are equal cylinders.

Minimum (!!) mating cleareance for cylinder-forged (!!) piston is 0,05mm.
NO PM per consulenze tecniche, grazie! La critica è l'imposta che l'invidia percepisce sul merito (Cit.Duca de Levis) Chi sa fa e chi non sa insegna (proverbio)
We never did such tests. And we never had sophisticated instruments. 'Try and see' was always used. And no simulations! (CIT. Jan Thiel)

#4 lizard821000

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 62 Messaggi:

Inviato 14 January 2010 - 15:11

hi mrk, thanks. is there any thing you would change on the set up? is full open air box ok to use with a 28 BD , it will not be running too lean ?? i think the cylinder on the engine is A0401 and my spare is 73037 so will leave alone and just have a spare. the engine is running a flat piston but want to swop for domed so what cylinder head do i need too? thanks for any advice you can give :Risata rotante:

#5 Manuelsp

supercazzolatore/uomo cordless cmc

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 2086 Messaggi:
  • Moto: Mito SP525 Strada
  • Provincia: Latina (LT)
  • Regione: Lazio

Inviato 14 January 2010 - 19:06

Visualizza Messaggiolizard821000, il Jan 14 2010, 03:11 PM, ha scritto:

hi mrk, thanks. is there any thing you would change on the set up? is full open air box ok to use with a 28 BD , it will not be running too lean ?? i think the cylinder on the engine is A0401 and my spare is 73037 so will leave alone and just have a spare. the engine is running a flat piston but want to swop for domed so what cylinder head do i need too? thanks for any advice you can give :(

If the engine is running a flat piston, your cylinder head should be a 200h. Or maybe your engine is running a flat piston, but with a head for domed piston. This would cause a loss of power. You should check your head code. You just have to lift the tank to check.Immagine inserita
Raduno TOLFA 26/10/08--Motto Ufficiale: ''Scusate ma dov'è la gara oggi?''
Raduno GUADAGNOLO 8/12/08--Motto Ufficiale: '' CHI MI RIPETE LA TARGA A MEMORIA?''
Kartata PONTE GALERIA 10/01/09--Motto ufficiale:
''no, quello di motoracing da 75 non è grafitato! è fuso'' mitico92

#6 lizard821000

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 62 Messaggi:

Inviato 14 January 2010 - 20:11

hi manuel, have just bought the engine so unsure yet but will look when i get. if it is running flat top piston would like to swop for dome top piston..... just so better reliable and less ring changes. i live in england so the BD dellorto carb should be nice match yes? 120 main jet , 60 is other 2 jets... what should head be when running dome piston?? thanks

#7 Cueza_89

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 124 Messaggi:
  • Moto: Raptor 125
  • Provincia: Monza e Brianza (MB)
  • Regione: Lombardia

Inviato 15 January 2010 - 19:32

When running a dome piston a 200H is strictly recomended...if you want high compression...these are the powerful head for your 73037 cylinder....on the other hand if you use an sp cylinder 75666-72666-81782-etc...you should use one of those below:
- 200I for the 8th series
- 200M for the 7th series
About the carb if you want to increase the horse-power of your motrcycle you can do two things:
- work on the PHBH 28 BD that you already have (you must center the "venturi")
- buy a TMX MIKUNI 35
Another thing that you can easily do is buy a pair of carbon power reeds...0.45/0.50...
CITAZIONE
Stesso impianto frenante-stessi tubi=diversa moto-stessi tubi...
Altri cazzi stessi culi.

The Cagiva and Cueza furious...Monza drift...
Raptorina...work in progress...

#8 Manuelsp

supercazzolatore/uomo cordless cmc

• Membri Effettivi
  • 2086 Messaggi:
  • Moto: Mito SP525 Strada
  • Provincia: Latina (LT)
  • Regione: Lazio

Inviato 15 January 2010 - 20:13

Visualizza MessaggioCueza_89, il Jan 15 2010, 07:32 PM, ha scritto:

When running a dome piston a 200H is strictly recomended...if you want high compression...these are the powerful head for your 73037 cylinder....on the other hand if you use an sp cylinder 75666-72666-81782-etc...you should use one of those below:
- 200I for the 8th series
- 200M for the 7th series
About the carb if you want to increase the horse-power of your motrcycle you can do two things:
- work on the PHBH 28 BD that you already have (you must center the "venturi")
- buy a TMX MIKUNI 35
Another thing that you can easily do is buy a pair of carbon power reeds...0.45/0.50...

He said he has a flat piston. He said he would like to swap for a domed piston. I suppose domed means ''bombato'' so why do you strictly recomend to use a 200h?
I'm just asking, maybe I'm wrong.
Raduno TOLFA 26/10/08--Motto Ufficiale: ''Scusate ma dov'è la gara oggi?''
Raduno GUADAGNOLO 8/12/08--Motto Ufficiale: '' CHI MI RIPETE LA TARGA A MEMORIA?''
Kartata PONTE GALERIA 10/01/09--Motto ufficiale:
''no, quello di motoracing da 75 non è grafitato! è fuso'' mitico92

#9 Cueza_89

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 124 Messaggi:

Inviato 16 January 2010 - 12:07

No..you aren't wrong...sorry for the misunderstand....200H is for flat piston (cielo piatto)...the 200G is far good for a dome piston (cielo bombato)...but i don't understand why you want to replace your flat piston with a dome one ?! Doesn't the flat piston perform better than the dome one ?! If your question is about what kind of piston mount with the 73037 cylinder you have to know that both of them (flat and dome) are good for this spare...the only thing you have to do is choose the right head for your cylinder:
- 200H for flat pistons
- 200G for dome pistons
If you want performances and you haven't problem with changin the piston ring "sometimes" (I think every 6.000/7.000 Km is a good compromise) the flat one is perfect, on the other hand if you want to put the dome one with two piston rings you probably wouldn't change the rings until 15.000 Km but losing some performance..it's your choice...
CITAZIONE
Altri cazzi stessi culi.

#10 lizard821000

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 62 Messaggi:

Inviato 17 January 2010 - 02:19

Thanks very much, thats some great information for me. i only want to change flat for less dome ring changes so .... but i may keep the flat if the engine is running I bought one, then change to dome when i rebuild the top end, im building the bike I wanted to sell to do a engine over hall so its newer and change my forged piston for WÖSSNER:) !? what is this,"Venturi" is it easy job? dont want a 35 carb am happy with 28 standard for the job. cherrs:)

Messaggio modificato da lizard821000 il 17 January 2010 - 02:21

#11 Cueza_89

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 124 Messaggi:

Inviato 17 January 2010 - 17:17

The "venturi" in a few words is the hole of the carburator...where tha air flows...have you understand ? the 28 PHBH has the venturi not aligned instead of the TMX 35..the job that you could do on your dell'orto is align the venturi follow the link below of my discussion about these job...there are images that can help you understand how you can increased the performances of you carburator...LINKlet us know what do you think about it...
CITAZIONE
Altri cazzi stessi culi.

#12 lizard821000

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 62 Messaggi:

Inviato 18 January 2010 - 02:25

thanks alot 89, i will read that deffentaly!! if it is some thing i can do myself to improve perfomance then thats good ;)

#13 Loki

Novellino

• Membri Effettivi
  • 3158 Messaggi:
  • Moto: Seleziona Moto
  • Provincia: Seleziona Provincia
  • Regione: Seleziona Regione

Inviato 18 January 2010 - 02:42

for correctly let me link the original topic of the tune of the phbh26 in the pic of the link of Cueza_89
http://www.scooternos.net/forums/index.php...212788&st=0
if you can read italian good you can get interesting infos and technical draws

1 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 1 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi