Vai al contenuto

Ktmito 380

111 risposte a questa discussione

#101 bubagan

Master of Mitos

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 5383 Messaggi:
  • Interests:La mia mito e poco altro che non dico!
  • Moto: Mito EV
  • Provincia: Palermo (PA)
  • Regione: Sicilia

Inviato 03 December 2013 - 17:14

are you able to turn completely the steering?

#102 Jeram

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 54 Messaggi:
  • Moto: Mito SP525 Pista
  • Provincia: Other Country
  • Regione: Other Country

Inviato 04 December 2013 - 00:07

Visualizza Messaggiobubagan, il 03 December 2013 - 17:14, ha scritto:

are you able to turn completely the steering?

yes

#103 bubagan

Master of Mitos

• Membri Effettivi
  • 5383 Messaggi:

Inviato 05 December 2013 - 09:42

oh well, then good job! you know, the picture tricked my sight! :)

#104 Jeram

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 54 Messaggi:

Inviato 05 December 2013 - 13:05

Visualizza Messaggiobubagan, il 05 December 2013 - 09:42, ha scritto:

oh well, then good job! you know, the picture tricked my sight! :)

tricked my eyes too, I had to go out to the shed and check it ! haha!

at full lock steering, the top of the forks gently touch the subframe :) perfect

Messaggio modificato da Jeram il 05 December 2013 - 13:07

#105 Jeram

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 54 Messaggi:

Inviato 12 December 2013 - 01:21

A small update

I have now connected up the servo motor to the powervalve (The KTM uses a mechnical powervalve system using springs and linkages)

The process involve adapting at CR250 powervalve wheel to the KTMito powervalve shaft using spacers and adapters.
I then quickly fabirated a cable holder and mounted the servo motor to the frame rails.

I just have to find some time later this week to wire up the servo motor and program it.

Immagine inserita
Immagine inserita
Immagine inserita

#106 Jeram

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 54 Messaggi:

Inviato 11 January 2014 - 13:59

Its been a busy couple of weeks.

-I've been doing the many remaining odd jobs to try and get the bike ready for the dyno on the 23rd of Jan.

-I've restored the jetting back to OEM which required a few needles and jets.
I think now she is running a 170 main, 48 pilot, NOZH needle 2nd clip and a #7 slide for sea level riding.

-I also spend some time building a little guage cluster this week which includes an EGT gauge, a coolant temp gauge and an LED bar tacho.
It all came together very cleanly.
The EGT probe is installed in the header, 100mm from the piston face.

-The front subframe was finished off, It is now very stable now and the faiing can be removed in 30 seconds with no tools which is great.

- The Servo motor system was installed and completed, the sub exh ports locked open and a new Z dimenson was found.
The servo motor controller was then programmed with maximum and minimum openings and a progressive curve.
This took a few hours as my servo motor was fried, luckily I had a suzuki gsxr750 exup servo to use a spare.

The only remaining jobs to get her on the dyno are:
-having a CNC radiator cap welded onto radiator as the system is currently sealed.
-adjust the chain
-copper sealant the exhaust header/manifold interface
-sort out why my CNC gas tank cap isnt venting

Hopefully all goes well in 2 weeks!

#107 Jeram

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 54 Messaggi:

Inviato 04 March 2014 - 14:04

https://www.youtube....h?v=nmedSYg5lAg

dyno runs went well, the bike makes mountains of bottom end and mid range, 25ftlbs at idle which was too lean so can be improved further and 45hp/38ftlbs at 6000 rpm. At all times the EGT never reached more than 750F so I think there is improvement to be made at all RPMs

However the top end was way too rich so the top end power was non existent. before we could do some runs with revised jetting, a heavy backfire through the crank case shattered 3 reed valve petals so our day was over.

However 3 things were gained from today.

-The bike is on track to making 60+hp at 8500rpm once we fix the reeds
-The bike makes excellent bottom end and midrange with the boost exh port powervalves locked in the open position.
-Due to the pipe design and servo operated PV the power curve is perfectly linear

Also interestingly, the new nano-ceramic oil we are running is brilliant and provides excellent protection and little smoke at 22.5:1 oil ratio

Messaggio modificato da Jeram il 04 March 2014 - 14:17

#108 bubagan

Master of Mitos

• Membri Effettivi
  • 5383 Messaggi:

Inviato 05 March 2014 - 12:06

no surprise the bike made only 45hp, the richness of the carburation is felt even from video sound!

waiting for a well jetted bike! :)

Messaggio modificato da bubagan il 05 March 2014 - 12:07

#109 Jeram

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 54 Messaggi:

Inviato 05 March 2014 - 12:57

Visualizza Messaggiobubagan, il 05 March 2014 - 12:06, ha scritto:

no surprise the bike made only 45hp, the richness of the carburation is felt even from video sound!

waiting for a well jetted bike! :)

yes!

"Blerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

#110 Philski

Novellino

• Novizi
  • Stelletta
  • 2 Messaggi:
  • Regione: Seleziona Regione

Inviato 06 July 2014 - 13:27

Hello all

That is a simply amazing build Jeram. Thank you so very much for showing so much of the detail that's gone into it all. its been inspirational for me. And, i only read about it on this forum tonight for the first time. i got myself a 2003 cagiva mito a few weeks ago from Melbourne, shipped over to Tasmania and went for my very first ride today. it Was awesome! The Italians make some beautiful cars and bikes. And, was more powerful that i expected. i was also thinking of doing an engine swap initially like yourself. But, am more than happy with a modified 125 and thats the direction im taking. I got a really nice 38mm keihin flatslide for $66 on ebay and imagine it will flip it once installed. The rest of the bike is going to get rolling resistance, weight and rotating weight. Ti gudgeon pin etc. Im at uni doing material science. And, love tinkering with cars and bikes. So hopefully one day, i can show you my handy work.

Thank you again and have a really fantastic day
Phillip

Messaggio modificato da Philski il 06 July 2014 - 13:28

#111 Philski

Novellino

• Novizi
  • Stelletta
  • 2 Messaggi:
  • Regione: Seleziona Regione

Inviato 06 July 2014 - 13:49

Sorry just a quick question. With the heavier flywheel are the tracks your riding mostly hilly?

Kindest Regards
Phillip

Messaggio modificato da Philski il 06 July 2014 - 13:55

#112 Jeram

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 54 Messaggi:

Inviato 05 August 2014 - 06:36

Visualizza MessaggioPhilski, il 06 July 2014 - 13:27, ha scritto:

Hello all

That is a simply amazing build Jeram. Thank you so very much for showing so much of the detail that's gone into it all. its been inspirational for me. And, i only read about it on this forum tonight for the first time. i got myself a 2003 cagiva mito a few weeks ago from Melbourne, shipped over to Tasmania and went for my very first ride today. it Was awesome! The Italians make some beautiful cars and bikes. And, was more powerful that i expected. i was also thinking of doing an engine swap initially like yourself. But, am more than happy with a modified 125 and thats the direction im taking. I got a really nice 38mm keihin flatslide for $66 on ebay and imagine it will flip it once installed. The rest of the bike is going to get rolling resistance, weight and rotating weight. Ti gudgeon pin etc. Im at uni doing material science. And, love tinkering with cars and bikes. So hopefully one day, i can show you my handy work.

Thank you again and have a really fantastic day
Phillip

Hi Phillip, thanks for the reply.

Good to hear you are enjoying the mito. If I was you I would get the engine making some decent power with a good pipe (tyga are good and cheap), carb, some porting, and reeds.
Keep her nice and reliable :)
Then spend your hard earned money on weight loss and suspension.
Some light weight wheels, fully adjustable shock and adjustable forks would make the bike a true weapon.

With your material science studies, see if you can work out how to make a titanium conrod ;) The problem is that titanium is not hard enough (and TiN isnt thick enough) for the needle roller bearings at the big and small end to roll against. NASA helped honda HCR engineers to cast steel bushes into a titanium rod. I suspect their trick was using copper as a joining material.
Any thoughts on this?
You will likely run into this same problem when you try to make a titanium gudgeon pin, titanium just isnt hard enough and Tin cant be made thick enough to handle the very hard rollers rubbing against it, potentially with little lubrication.

The flywheel weight was to make the bike a little more predictable coming out of corners so that it would be harder to spin up the rear wheel in anger. And although it does not make sense to me, racers have told me that a heavier flywheel will assist in slightly increasing top speed. But I dont know why this would be true.

1 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 1 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi