Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 31 Messaggi:
  • Moto: Mito EV
  • Provincia: Other Country
  • Regione: Other Country

Inviato 27 July 2011 - 23:13

Can somebody tell me how is the SP525 achieving 39 BHP?
What is actually different? The bore and stroke are the same. The compression is the same (correct me if i am wrong) I know the carb has changed somewhat. I saw electrics attached to it.
Where is this 39 BHP coming from?!

#2 bubagan

Master of Mitos

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 5383 Messaggi:
  • Interests:La mia mito e poco altro che non dico!
  • Provincia: Palermo (PA)
  • Regione: Sicilia

Inviato 28 July 2011 - 10:25

really, i don't know where you've written something like that. mito sp 525 sholud have in full power configuration about 26cv, more or less, the same as the last mito ev with ducati energia ignition kit.
during the years in fact, due to the restricting laws on the power for 125cc's (for the pollution problem and for the power given to teenagers of sixteen years old) both cagiva and aprilia gave even less power to their bikes.

so, i don't know if BHP is the same measure unit of CV, but i can tell you the truth: the mito sp 525 has never made 39 CV, the most powerful sp525 was the track bike made for the italian championship "capirossi's something like that".

the most powerful mito ever made was the ev 7 speed with mikuni 35 carburettor and 73037 cilinder, 200h head cilinder.

:Non mi prendi:

#3 Maicol

Io ho visto X-Hide

• Moderatori CMC
  • 18771 Messaggi:
  • Interests:Un po' di roba varia e avariata
  • Moto: Nulla
  • Provincia: Reggio Emilia (RE)
  • Regione: Emilia Romagna

Inviato 28 July 2011 - 10:43

Visualizza Messaggiobubagan, il Jul 28 2011, 11:25 AM, ha scritto:

really, i don't know where you've written something like that. mito sp 525 sholud have in full power configuration about 26cv, more or less, the same as the last mito ev with ducati energia ignition kit.
during the years in fact, due to the restricting laws on the power for 125cc's (for the pollution problem and for the power given to teenagers of sixteen years old) both cagiva and aprilia gave even less power to their bikes.

so, i don't know if BHP is the same measure unit of CV, but i can tell you the truth: the mito sp 525 has never made 39 CV, the most powerful sp525 was the track bike made for the italian championship "capirossi's something like that".

the most powerful mito ever made was the ev 7 speed with mikuni 35 carburettor and 73037 cilinder, 200h head cilinder.

bhp indica la potenza pura senza tutte le componenti che generando attrito, limitano la potenza :Non mi prendi:

E' circa più o meno pur con qualche differenza il nostro rilevamento "all'albero", però ancora più libera :asd:

Otherwise, i'm pretty sure that it's quite strange see 39 bhp from a mito sp525. You can take some advantages working around the engines, but 39 bhp is a great result...you need to spend a lot of work and hour, even money :f4wheel2ci:

Messaggio modificato da Maicol il 28 July 2011 - 10:52

Firma W.I.P.

Passare per ignorante agli occhi di un imbecille è voluttà da finissimo buongustaio

The Power of Dreams...

#4 efp

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 31 Messaggi:

Inviato 28 July 2011 - 11:05

Visualizza Messaggiobubagan, il Jul 28 2011, 10:25 AM, ha scritto:

39 CV/BHP i've seen in alot of 'specification' pages on the web. I dont understand why are they writing this.
The 7 speed gearbox, is it realy that much better than the 6?
The 73037 cilinder that they were using, was this a Stock cilinder? Or ported/compression raised, etc??

#5 efp

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 31 Messaggi:

Inviato 28 July 2011 - 11:10

Visualizza MessaggioMaicol, il Jul 28 2011, 10:43 AM, ha scritto:

bhp indica la potenza pura senza tutte le componenti che generando attrito, limitano la potenza :Non mi prendi:

E' circa più o meno pur con qualche differenza il nostro rilevamento "all'albero", però ancora più libera :f4wheel2ci:

Otherwise, i'm pretty sure that it's quite strange see 39 bhp from a mito sp525. You can take some advantages working around the engines, but 39 bhp is a great result...you need to spend a lot of work and hour, even money :Non mi prendi:
Ye very little difference.
1BHP, hp = 745.7 W
1cv,HP = 735.499 W

#6 Maicol

Io ho visto X-Hide

• Moderatori CMC
  • 18771 Messaggi:

Inviato 28 July 2011 - 11:16

Visualizza Messaggioefp, il Jul 28 2011, 12:05 PM, ha scritto:

39 CV/BHP i've seen in alot of 'specification' pages on the web. I dont understand why are they writing this.
The 7 speed gearbox, is it realy that much better than the 6?
The 73037 cilinder that they were using, was this a Stock cilinder? Or ported/compression raised, etc??
Well, normally the specification of the press kit are a little bit "high", 'cause for a lot of teenagers it's importante the bhp. In fact, more power means more penis...i think.
You can reach this result simply using a rough dyno, adding % of mistake is a very simple way to improve the result.
We speak normally of "tire-power", because this is the REAL power of your bike. You know, normally you run with tires, not with the engine in your arms :Non mi prendi:

The 7 speed gearbox - jm2c - is a great gearbox. Well, the 6speed isn't rough but - imho - 7 is better. You can handle torque in a better way.

The 73037 is a stock one, good one! Is the same of 7 speed. A user, mitco92, used to mount a zeeltronic ECU wich gave to him a lot of advantages. Maybe he can explain to you in wich way you can take the best from your engine! :Non mi prendi:

Messaggio modificato da Maicol il 28 July 2011 - 11:18

Firma W.I.P.

Passare per ignorante agli occhi di un imbecille è voluttà da finissimo buongustaio

The Power of Dreams...

#7 efp

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 31 Messaggi:

Inviato 28 July 2011 - 12:55

Visualizza MessaggioMaicol, il Jul 28 2011, 11:16 AM, ha scritto:

Well, normally the specification of the press kit are a little bit "high", 'cause for a lot of teenagers it's importante the bhp. In fact, more power means more penis...i think.
You can reach this result simply using a rough dyno, adding % of mistake is a very simple way to improve the result.
We speak normally of "tire-power", because this is the REAL power of your bike. You know, normally you run with tires, not with the engine in your arms :Non mi prendi:

The 7 speed gearbox - jm2c - is a great gearbox. Well, the 6speed isn't rough but - imho - 7 is better. You can handle torque in a better way.

The 73037 is a stock one, good one! Is the same of 7 speed. A user, mitco92, used to mount a zeeltronic ECU wich gave to him a lot of advantages. Maybe he can explain to you in wich way you can take the best from your engine! :Non mi prendi:
When you say 'Is the same of 7 speed', what do you mean? I dont quite understand.
I've got a Mitaka cylinder on my mito. It was there when i bought the bike.
The head/top seems old so i take it its the stock one. Is stock 200h?

And about the zeeltronic ECU. Was the thread started by 'mitico92' or is it someone elses thread? I believe i read the article some time ago. But i cant find it now. Would you have the link?

#8 Maicol

Io ho visto X-Hide

• Moderatori CMC
  • 18771 Messaggi:

Inviato 28 July 2011 - 12:59

Visualizza Messaggioefp, il Jul 28 2011, 01:55 PM, ha scritto:

When you say 'Is the same of 7 speed', what do you mean? I dont quite understand.
I've got a Mitaka cylinder on my mito. It was there when i bought the bike.
The head/top seems old so i take it its the stock one. Is stock 200h?

And about the zeeltronic ECU. Was the thread started by 'mitico92' or is it someone elses thread? I believe i read the article some time ago. But i cant find it now. Would you have the link?
I mean the Mitos produces long time ago, know as the "fastest EV".

About the stock head i don't know wich one is installed on the 525, maybe i can ask to mitico...he can write directly

Firma W.I.P.

The Power of Dreams...

#9 nelson22

Master of Mitos

• Membri Effettivi
  • 9040 Messaggi:
  • Moto: Planet 125
  • Provincia: Seleziona Provincia

Inviato 28 July 2011 - 12:59

here is the link of the zeeltronic cdi
http://www.mitoclub....showtopic=66123
he means that the cylinder of the 7 speed engine is the same as the cylinders of the first 6 speed engine

#10 efp

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 31 Messaggi:

Inviato 28 July 2011 - 14:00

Visualizza MessaggioMaicol, il Jul 28 2011, 12:59 PM, ha scritto:

I mean the Mitos produces long time ago, know as the "fastest EV".

About the stock head i don't know wich one is installed on the 525, maybe i can ask to mitico...he can write directly
Sorry i should have been more clear. I mean the mito 125 ev head/top. Not sp525.

@nelson22, thanks for the link.

@Maicol, when you say that the zeeltronic ECU gave a lot of advantages, could you elaborate on that? Better acceleration, etc?

#11 Maicol

Io ho visto X-Hide

• Moderatori CMC
  • 18771 Messaggi:

Inviato 28 July 2011 - 14:05

Visualizza Messaggioefp, il Jul 28 2011, 03:00 PM, ha scritto:

Sorry i should have been more clear. I mean the mito 125 ev head/top. Not sp525.

@nelson22, thanks for the link.

@Maicol, when you say that the zeeltronic ECU gave a lot of advantages, could you elaborate on that? Better acceleration, etc?
Mitico told us that the new ECU open the way to use in a better way the technical package.

With the Zeeltronic ECU he was be able to optimize to use of the fuel, so i think is a great advantage. If the weak point is the ECU, it's useless use a lot of special parts :Non mi prendi: the best way is the take all the advantages with the ECU and the, after that point, try to pimp the engine :Non mi prendi:

Firma W.I.P.

The Power of Dreams...

#12 efp

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 31 Messaggi:

Inviato 29 July 2011 - 10:10

Visualizza MessaggioMaicol, il Jul 28 2011, 02:05 PM, ha scritto:

Mitico told us that the new ECU open the way to use in a better way the technical package.

With the Zeeltronic ECU he was be able to optimize to use of the fuel, so i think is a great advantage. If the weak point is the ECU, it's useless use a lot of special parts :Thumbs up: the best way is the take all the advantages with the ECU and the, after that point, try to pimp the engine :bdayle0:
After looking at that article, i dont think its worth it. (at least not for now)
First i want to get the exhaust and change the tail to the sp525 sports one.

Im curious about one thing though. The SP525 carb. The wires/electrics hooked up to it, what are they for? do they help jet the fuel or something?

#13 nelson22

Master of Mitos

• Membri Effettivi
  • 9040 Messaggi:

Inviato 29 July 2011 - 11:56

Visualizza Messaggioefp, il Jul 29 2011, 11:10 AM, ha scritto:

After looking at that article, i dont think its worth it. (at least not for now)
First i want to get the exhaust and change the tail to the sp525 sports one.

Im curious about one thing though. The SP525 carb. The wires/electrics hooked up to it, what are they for? do they help jet the fuel or something?
the new sp525 carb vhst28 dell'orto is an electronic carburetor. the wires that you see are for the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)
the tps is used to dispatch oil to the petrol into the combustion chamber, using an electronic pump instead of using a mechanical pump, that was used until 2007 year of production of the latest mito EV

#14 efp

Mitomane

• Membri Effettivi
  • StellettaStelletta
  • 31 Messaggi:

Inviato 30 July 2011 - 00:08

Visualizza Messaggionelson22, il Jul 29 2011, 11:56 AM, ha scritto:

the new sp525 carb vhst28 dell'orto is an electronic carburetor. the wires that you see are for the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)
the tps is used to dispatch oil to the petrol into the combustion chamber, using an electronic pump instead of using a mechanical pump, that was used until 2007 year of production of the latest mito EV
OOo, ok. Gotcha! I thought that it was only put on since the SP525.

#15 nelson22

Master of Mitos

• Membri Effettivi
  • 9040 Messaggi:

Inviato 30 July 2011 - 10:06

Visualizza Messaggioefp, il Jul 30 2011, 01:08 AM, ha scritto:

OOo, ok. Gotcha! I thought that it was only put on since the SP525.
yes, they put it on starting with the new model sp525

1 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 1 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi